Buffers with open-drain outputs
• Wide supply voltage range from 1.65 V to 5.5 V
• 5 V tolerant input/output for interfacing with 5 V logic
• High noise immunity
• Complies with JEDEC standard:
– JESD8-7 (1.65 V to 1.95 V)
– JESD8-5 (2.3 V to 2.7 V)
– JESD8B/JESD36 (2.7 V to 3.6 V).
• −24 mA output drive (VCC = 3.0 V)
• CMOS low power consumption
• Latch-up performance exceeds 250 mA
• Direct interface with TTL levels
• Inputs accept voltages up to 5 V
• Multiple package options
• ESD protection:
– HBM EIA/JESD22-A114-B exceeds 2000 V
– MM EIA/JESD22-A115-A exceeds 200 V.
• Specified from −40 °C to +85 °C and −40 °C to +125 °C.
The 74LVC2G07 is a high-performance, low-power,
low-voltage, Si-gate CMOS device superior to most
advanced CMOS compatible TTL families.
Input can be driven from either 3.3 V or 5 V devices. This
feature allows the use of this device in a mixed
3.3 V and 5 V environment.
Schmitt trigger action at all inputs makes the circuit tolerant
for slower input rise and fall time.
This device is fully specified for partial power-down
applications using Ioff. The Ioff circuitry disables the output,
preventing the damaging backflow current through the
device when it is powered down.
The 74LVC2G07 provides two non-inverting buffers.
The output of the device is an open drain and can be
connected to other open-drain outputs to implement
active-LOW wired-OR or active-HIGH wired-AND
QUICK REFERENCE DATA
GND = 0 V; Tamb = 25 °C.
propagation delay input nA to output nY
VCC = 1.8 V; CL = 30 pF; RL = 1 kΩ
VCC = 2.5 V; CL = 30 pF; RL = 500 Ω
VCC = 2.7 V; CL = 50 pF; RL = 500 Ω
VCC = 3.3 V; CL = 50 pF; RL = 500 Ω
VCC = 5.0 V; CL = 50 pF; RL = 500 Ω
power dissipation capacitance per gate VCC = 3.3 V; notes 1 and 2
1. CPD is used to determine the dynamic power dissipation (PD in µW).
PD = CPD × VCC2 × fi × N + ∑(CL × VCC2 × fo) where:
fi = input frequency in MHz;
fo = output frequency in MHz;
CL = output load capacitance in pF;
VCC = supply voltage in Volts;
N = total load switching outputs;
∑(CL × VCC2 × fo) = sum of outputs.
2. The condition is VI = GND to VCC.
2004 Sep 08